Click here to apply for Unemployment Benefits or request benefit payments: http://www.mass.gov/lwd/unemployment-insur/
What is UI Online?
UI Online is a new web-based system developed to serve claimants and employers more efficiently. Key benefits are:
- Self-service − You can perform more transactions on your own, rather than having to wait to speak to a claims agent on the phone.
- Expanded hours − You can request weekly benefit payments or access your account information more conveniently with expanded hours between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. daily.
- Security − You can be assured that your personal information will be protected by the security measures and safeguards built into UI Online.
What services can I access as a claimant?
With UI Online, you can:
– Apply for unemployment benefits*
– Reopen/reactivate an existing claim*
– Request weekly benefit payment (claim or certify for the week)
– Submit your weekly work search*
– Check your account balance and claim status
– Verify the last payment amount and date
– Set up/change your payment method: direct deposit or debit card
– Elect tax withholding
– Change your address*
– Request overpayment waiver or set up a payment plan*
– File an appeal*
– Set up and view electronic correspondence*
– Print important documents, including your 1099G form
– Add a dependent*
– Change your UI Online password
* New online services
Unemployment services are also available by calling 1-877-626-6800, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Customers may call this number to:
- File a new claim for benefits
- Re-open an existing claim
- Resolve problems with your claim
- Obtain up-to-date information on the status of your claim and benefit check
The weekly call-in number is 617-626-6338, available to claimants Sunday through Saturday, 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
The PIN Service Line is 617-626-6943.
For more information or to check the balance on your account visit www.mass.gov/dua.
UI ALERT: Beware of UI Scams
Please be aware of FAKE UNEMPLOYMENT FILING WEBSITES sites such as UnemploymentBenefits.us and unemployment.info, designed to steal your personal information or charge you a fee. The ONLY legitimate place to apply for Massachusetts unemployment benefits online is UI Online, provided by the Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance.
- DO NOT enter your information if the website looks suspicious, asks for your credit card information or charges a fee.
- DO contact DUA TeleClaim or send us an email if you are not sure of the website or need help to file your claim online.
For Employers: Beware of Phishing Emails
Please be aware of a scam to trick you to open a document, click on a link or reply to the email purportedly sent from The Division of Unemployment Assistance (DUA). The email looks similar to a legitimate DUA email requesting employers to complete separation information for a former employee.
How you can differentiate between a legitimate DUA email versus a bogus email:
- DUA email does not include any attachments.
- DUA email always includes your company’s name on the subject line.
Please be vigilant – these emails have a serious virus attached and opening or clicking on the link could infect your PC or network. If you’re not sure the email is from DUA, do not open or respond to the email.