I have exhausted my UI Extended Benefits, what do I do now?
By Allen On February 6, 2012
The following are specific organizations that may be able to assist you:
- DEPARTMENT OF TRANSITIONAL ASSISTANCE
For food and nutritional assistance, cash assistance, and employment supports.
Application Information Hotline: 1-800-249-2007
SNAP Hotline (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as Food Stamps): 1-866-950-FOOD (3663)
- MASSACHUSETTS HEALTH INSURANCE CONNECTOR
For assistance with finding a health insurance plan.
- DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
For housing, shelter and fuel assistance.
Division of Housing Stabilization 1-877-418-3308
Fuel Assistance and Weatherization 1-800-632-8175
- DEPARTMENT OF VETERAN SERVICES
Benefits and resources for veterans and their families may be available through your local Veterans Service Officer. To find one near you, go to “Quick Links” on the following website:
- DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE, CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT
For assistance with child support orders.
- ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE
For residents who are facing challenges in the area of consumer protection, fraud, civil rights violations, health care and insurance issues.
Public Inquiry & Assistance Center Hotline: 1-617-727-8400
- PROJECT BREAD FOODSOURCE HOTLINE
To locate food pantries and other nutrition resources in your community.
- MASSACHUSETTS ASSOCIATION OF COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCIES (MASSCAP)
Community Action Agencies (CAA) provide various services including fuel and weatherization assistance, homelessness prevention, emergency food assistance, and job training.